Welcome to Firewalla RED -
If at any stage you have problems, please open support case firstname.lastname@example.org, customer satisfaction is built into our team culture. We will guarantee to respond in less than 24 hours.
STEP 1: Connect Firewalla Device
- For best performance, the Firewalla box will need to be installed next to the main router (not the extender). This is the router that provided by your service provider or purchased by you. If you have multiple routers, Firewalla must be installed on the same network as your iPhone. If you don’t understand this, it is likely your network is not complex enough, just plug in Firewalla to your main router.
- Locate the Ethernet cable. Connect one end to firewalla, and the other to an ethernet port on the main router.
- Locate the micro USB power cable. Connect one end to Firewalla and connect the large USB connector to the provided power adapter or to the USB port on your router. You will see the light next to the Firewalla ethernet cable blinking.
Note: Please do not turn off the box during the first installation. It may take up to two minutes to power up the box at the first time. The box will do software updates first. The code that runs on the box comes from here. No joke, this is the exact code that runs on your box.
STEP 2: Install Firewalla App
You can search and download “Firewalla” App from App Store (for iOS) or Google Play ( Alpha Release). Or you can just click the icon below to go directly to the download page.
STEP 3: Find and connect new Firewalla
- Launch Firewalla App and wait for “New Firewalla” button to appear, tap it to connect. It may take up to 2 minutes for the button to appear.
- When asked, scan the QR code located at the bottom of Firewalla Box. This is the license. After scanning the license, the app will automatically connect the device.
STEP 4: Setup Firewalla
- After connecting the device, Firewalla setup dialog will automatically appear. Tap “Continue”, it will automatically setup the device by learning your network. The entire process may take several minutes. You are ready to use Firewalla when it completes successfully.
Note: If your network is not compatible with Simple Mode, it will automatically advise you to use DHCP Mode (Free free to retry the test if it fails the first time). DHCP mode requires some manual configuration on your router. Please follow this guide to setup DHCP mode. You may also check out this page to know the difference between Simple Mode and DHCP Mode.
If you can not find the Firewalla Icon, please consult
Depend on your taste, you may not like all the alarms we are generating, here is how to turn manage them:
Tutorials on how to use Firewalla App
A reminder, if you see a bright red 'B' next to any feature, this means, 'beta'. We are testing, and it is not ready for prime time. We will be likely to have that feature in production around 30 days.