Simple to Use
- Plug and play installation, multiple ways to connect.
- Plugs into your router, no need to replace it!
- Cyber-security as simple as tapping on a few buttons.
- App supporting iOS and Android Devices.
- Cybersecurity, protect all devices
- Inbound and outbound firewall with intrusion prevention
- Rich insights of your network
- Parental Control and Social Hour
- Built-in OpenVPN Server, great for traveling or using public Wi-Fi
- Access your home network from anywhere in the world
- Block Ads across all devices
- Family Protect, auto-filtering of porn and malicious sites
- Monitor broadband bandwidth usage with hourly, daily, monthly usage summary.
- Content filtering and activity detection
- Internal and External vulnerability scans
- Device Management
- One app managing multiple Firewalla
- See every single IP connection from any device
- Fully extensible cybersecurity stack
- Rules engine for network layer access control lists (ACL)
Difference Between Blue and Red
Speed and Power
While the Firewalla Red was optimized for affordability, the Blue will be optimized for power and speed. Faster processor and more memory to handle the network traffic and attacks at near gigabit speed.
Firewalla Blue will be based on the same software as Firewalla Red. The same software that’s been protecting families across 57 countries around the world.
Both boxes will be using the same App, there is no change. There will be changes in the cloud to provide more complex security intel for these newer devices.
Packet Processing Speed
|100 Mb||>500 Mb|
|512 MB||1024 MB|
|Active Protect Entry||1000||10,000|
|32bit Quad Core ARM 1ghz||64bit Quad Core ARM 1ghz|
VPN Encryption Speed
|28 Mb||70 Mb|
- Standard Speed Internet
- Families and Home Business
- High Speed Internet
- Professionals and Small Business
An open source security platform
Firewalla device source code is open. Open to inspection so you know your privacy is valued; open to extension, so anyone will be able to contribute and bring in functionalities beyond what we can ever imagine.
Firewalla uses open hardware which is widely used by many different industries. Open hardware allows us to further reduce cost and bring this saving to you.
Extensible for the Future
The Firewalla platform was engineered to be highly extensible. The flexibility we put into our designs allows us to deliver future features ten times faster than our competitors.
Features we are thinking of:
1. Tor: for anonymous browsing
2. Shadow Socket: A security proxy can’t even be blocked by censorship
3. More enhancement for parental control
4. Internet/wifi quality monitoring and diagnostics
Leverage the power of cloud technology
Firewalla is powered by an Artificially Intelligent Cloud. This cloud constantly learns from all the connected devices and actively using this knowledge to automatically mitigate attacks by sending updates to all connected homes through encrypted channels.
User data is fully encrypted and locked, you have the key. Firewalla cloud will never know what web address you visited, what kind of data was sent between your device and the Firewalla.
Enterprise Security For the Home
If you look at large enterprises today, there are multitudes of technologies preventing cyber attacks and managing employee accesses. Our engineering team has been building these technologies for the past 15 years, and we all believe we can simplify these enterprise technologies for home use.
The advances in mobile and cloud technology made this possible. Not only can we squeeze technology into these affordable boards, we further simplify the experience using our App on your phone.
Instead of charging $10000 dollars, we can reduce the cost to less than a family dinner.
Firewalla Box Security
- All communications from the app and the Firewalla box are encrypted twice. The keys for encryption are stored on the phone and on your box.
- The Firewalla cloud is ‘zero-knowledge’. ‘Things’ stored inside either encrypted or not useful.
How Does Firewalla Intercept Traffic?
If you want to know details about how does Firewalla intercept traffic, checkout this link.