Firewalla Purple SE is an affordable version of Firewalla Purple, without short-distance Wi-Fi, for network speeds below 500 Mbps.
- This is a presale; your credit card will be charged after ordering the unit.
You can cancel the order before it is shipped for a full refund. (email email@example.com)
- When the unit is shipped, you will receive a tracking number.
- All units can be returned within 30 days.
- The price will go up once we get close to the shipping date.
Estimated Delivery Time:
- Estimated shipping dates: 1/20/2023 to 3/20/2023
Follow this for delivery updates and discussions.
The Firewalla Security Stack
For a Better Network
Smart Traffic Management
Easy to Install
Simple to Use
Sophisticated Security and Networking Features at Your Fingertips
Take the Purple SE with you to make public networks safer with a trusted LAN. A trusted LAN is a network segment that's fully under Firewalla's protection, enabling you to have full visibility and control of everything flowing through it.
The Firewalla Security Stack
The Firewalla Security Stack is the same software that’s been powering the Firewalla Red and Blue since 2017. The same features were brought over to power the Gold.
See more reviews
The power of the Firewalla Gold is in a smaller package, operating at 500 Mbps.
See and understand your network like never before:
- Network flow detail
- Blocked flows
- Real-time throughput
From smart speakers to baby monitor cameras, there is no shortage of technology in your home for hackers to exploit. Firewalla can protect your device automatically from cyber threats and alert you when it happens.
Active Protect: intrusion detection and prevention neutralizes attacks and threats before they happen
Behavior Analytics: analyze device action and detect abnormal behavior
Control: take control of your network with Firewalla’s powerful rules engine
Blocking Countries off your Network
Advanced GEO-IP Filtering
With GEO-IP Filtering, a technology that can block network traffic from an entire country, you can effectively stop hackers from remotely attacking your business or home network.
New Device Quarantine
Protect your network by automatically placing new/unknown devices in a quarantine group. You can apply any content filtering or rate limit rules to this quarantine group.
Network segmentation divides your network into regions with dynamic and static policies/rules. Purple SE will support VLAN-based segmentation.
- Actively quarantine any device and restrict its behavior on the network
- Segment important devices from the rest
- Apply policies to manage segment to segment traffic
- Great for creating a network for “work” and another for “kids”
Make Your Privacy a Priority with VPN
Are you comfortable sharing your data when using public Wi-Fi or traveling to regions where the internet is filtered or controlled? Introducing the Firewalla VPN server, a VPN server that runs inside of your home or business without charging a monthly fee.
- Protect your privacy when using public Wi-Fi
- No monthly fee or bandwidth throttling
- Surf the web virtually “at home” from anywhere
- Bypass internet filtering and monitoring when traveling
- Easy remote access to your work network
- Supports both OpenVPN and WireGuard
Securely Connect to Any Device
With Firewalla’s VPN Client, you can connect any devices in your network to OpenVPN, WireGuard, and AnyConnect-based services.
- Connect any IoT devices like Apple TV to third-party VPNs
- Remotely connect your home devices to another Firewalla
- Connect two sites together with a site-to-site VPN and access devices securely both ways
Say Goodbye to Annoying Ads
Website ads and trackers have been frustrating internet users for years. That’s why Firewalla's built-in ad blocker makes sure you don't see ads and the ads don't see you.
- Block ads across all devices
- DNS cache to speed up all other lookups
Protect Your DNS
DNS over HTTPS
Traditionally DNS requests are sent in plain text between the client and the DNS server. DNS over HTTPS (DoH) sends DNS requests encrypted over HTTPS. It makes DNS exchange more secure and protects user privacy.
Unbound is a validating, recursive, caching DNS resolver, installed locally on the Firewalla box, which helps increase your online privacy and security.
Parenting with Ease
Parenting is a tough job, but Firewalla makes things easier. With a simple tap of a button, you can:
- Restrict internet access
- Stop any devices from playing online games
- Block social networking
- Monitor online activity
- Receive online activity alerts
- Block malicious and adult content
- Block popular applications
- Put everything on a schedule
Safe Search is a feature used by major search engines like Google Search, YouTube, Bing, and DuckDuckGo to filter adult content out of search results. If anyone enters an inappropriate or suggestive phrase in the search bar, the results will be filtered for offensive content.
Take Back Family Time
Firewalla is committed to taking back family time from social networks. The “Social Hour” feature blocks all social networks for one-hour increments, giving you more time to spend with family.
Powerful Rules Engine
Firewalla puts the power in your hands and gives you full control of your network.
- Block web pages, cut off access to devices and remove ads
- Block activities such as gaming, social, video, porn, gambling, and p2p
- Block domains or top-level domains with wildcards
- Block IP addresses and subnets
- Block based on location and region
- Block any port
- Get notified when devices are online or offline
- Give exceptions to blocking rules
- Put everything on a schedule
Regulate Network Traffic The Smart Way
Advanced Smart Queue + Rate Limit
Advanced Smart Queue prioritizes traffic and reduces delays (buffer bloat) when your network is heavily loaded.
- Prioritize and rate limit applications, activities or network flows
- Control congestion and reduce buffer bloat
Policy & Content-Based Routing (PBR)
PBR allows you to selectively route traffic based on a set of rules or the content type. For example, you can send all video traffic to a VPN Client or send all banking sites to a different WAN interface.
Bandwidth Usage Insights
Track Monthly Data Usage
Worried about Internet usage limits or network performance issues? Firewalla Deep Insight provides a summary of hourly, daily or monthly usage, allowing you to dig deep into any device and see the IP or domain address consuming bandwidth and stop it.
- Hourly, daily, and monthly bandwidth usage summary
- Per device bandwidth usage stats
- Deep dive into any device
- Identify which domains are consuming bandwidth
- Tap to block
Network Performance and Quality Monitoring
A better network also improves your experience. Firewalla is now providing tools to help you monitor and achieve better network performance.
- Wi-Fi / LAN performance
- WAN Performance
- Internet Speed
- Network Latency
- Network Packet loss
Firewalla Purple SE is a software-based router, managed by the same intuitive Firewalla app. Connect it directly to your ISP modem and take your home networking experience to the next level.
- Static Routing
- PPPoE over VLAN
- Static IP
- VLAN (Max 5)
Firewalla can be installed with most routers in Simple Mode or DHCP without changing existing wiring in around 5 minutes.
Transparent Bridge Mode
Transparently bridge two networks together by inserting Firewalla Purple SE in the middle.
Your Firewalla is an open platform! Now, you can easily and safely extend Firewalla functionalities with applications running inside Docker containers.
Firewalla’s web interface complements the mobile app on complex operations to help you manage and control your network. A mobile device is required to activate and use the web interface.
For You and For The Future
Firewalla started in 2016, and we have been enhancing our software since. With the introduction of Red, Blue, Gold, Purple, and now Purple SE, the software stack is constantly evolving and adding new features with your input. So expect even more in the future!
Learn more about the Firewalla Security Stack:
Hardware and Performance Comparison