Welcome to Firewalla Box Installation Guide
If at any stage you are stuck or have questions, please email us at email@example.com, it will create a support case, and our engineers will help you directly.
STEP 1: Download and install Firewalla App
STEP 2: Wire up the box
Connect Firewalla box to the main router of your network using the Ethernet cable provided in the package. Then, connect the device to a power source using the Micro-USB cable provided in the package.
Here are some common scenarios to show you where Firewalla box should connect to. If your network is more complex and need help, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org, describe your network topology, we will help you out.
Case A: ISP Provided Modem / Router If you are using the modem/router combo provided by your ISP, you just need to plug Firewalla box to one of the LAN port of the modem/router.
Case B: Multiple Routers In addition to the modem/router combo provided by ISP, you have purchased another router and use that to connect all your household devices. In such case, plug Firewalla box to one of the LAN port of the router that you purchased. Make sure the mobile phone which will launch Firewalla App is connected to the WIFI network provided by the same router that Firewalla box is plugged in.
Case C: Wireless Mesh Network
If you own a mesh network, make sure to connect Firewalla to the primary device (not the satellite device). After installation, please disable monitoring of the satellite devices in the Firewalla app. You will find more Mesh Router Guide here.
Case D: Access Point (AP) / Switch
In addition to the modem/router combo provided by ISP, you have installed a wifi access point (AP) or a switch (not a router) to connect your household devices. In such case, plug Firewalla box to either one of the LAN port of the AP/Switch or the LAN port on modem/router combo.
- It is best to use the power supply that came with Firewalla. You can also connect Firewalla to any power source that has 2A current. Once the device is powered, the light next to the Ethernet cable will start blinking.
- Do not power off the box during the installation.
STEP 3: Pairing Firewalla App with the box
Before launching the app, please make sure following
- In case you have multiple networks (case B above), your phone needs to connect to the same router that your Firewalla box is plugged in.
- VPN is disabled on your Phone.
- It may take up to 5 min for Firewalla to completely boot and upgrade process when powered on. Please be patient.
- For compatibility and workarounds please see Router Compatibility Guide. If you have questions, please email us email@example.com
Launch Firewalla App. If Firewalla device (the red box) is ready to be paired, you shall see either '+' or 'New Firewalla' icon, or see both icons. If you don't see any of the two icons, please be patient and wait.
Tap on either '+' or 'New Firewalla' icon, and follow the instruction on installation wizard. When asked to scan QR code, it is the sticker located at the bottom of the little red box. Once it is finished, your box will be able to communicate with the App.