Firewalla Purple: Gigabit Cyber Security Firewall & Router with WiFi Protecting Your Family and Business (Ships Worldwide)
The Firewalla Security Stack
For a Better Network
Smart Traffic Management
Easy to Install
Simple to Use
Sophisticated Security and Networking Features at Your Fingertips
Gigabit Performance for Now and the Future
Short-range and low-power Wi-Fi, perfect for light usage and many interesting applications including Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection.
Wi-Fi Tethering For Network Availability
(WISP Client) Multiple WAN Support
You can use the Wi-Fi interface as a secondary WAN. For example, if your primary network is down, you can temporarily switch your home network to your phone’s hotspot.
You can use this WiFi at home, or bring Firewalla Purple with you and use it to secure your network while traveling (ideally for up to 8 clients).
Take the Purple with you, making public and shared WiFi networks safer with a trusted LAN. A trusted LAN is a network segment that's fully under Firewalla's protection, which you have full visibility and control of everything flowing through that network.
The Firewalla Security Stack
The Firewalla Security Stack is the same software that’s been powering the Firewalla Red and Blue since 2017. The same features were brought over to power the Gold.
The power of the Firewalla Gold is in a smaller package, operating at gigabit.
See and understand your network like never before:
- Network flow detail
- Blocked flows
- Real-time throughput
From smart speakers to baby monitor cameras, there is no shortage of technology in your home for hackers to exploit. Firewalla can protect your device automatically from cyber threats and alert you when it happens.
- Active Protect: Intrusion detection and prevention neutralizes attacks and threats before they happen
- Behavior Analytics: analyze device action and detect abnormal behavior
- Control: take control of your network with Firewalla’s powerful rules engine
Blocking Countries off your Network
Advanced GEO-IP Filtering
With GEO-IP Filtering, a technology that can block network traffic from an entire country, you can effectively stop hackers from remotely attacking your business or home network.
New Device Quarantine
Protect your network by automatically placing new/unknown devices in a quarantine group. You can apply any content filtering or rate limit rules to this quarantine group.
Network segmentation divides your network into regions with dynamic and static policies/rules. The Purple will support VLAN-based segmentation.
- Actively quarantine any device and restrict its behavior on the network
- Segment important devices from the rest
- Apply policies to manage segment to segment traffic
- Great for creating a network for “work” and another for “kids”
Make Your Privacy a Priority with VPN
Are you comfortable sharing your data when using public Wi-Fi or traveling to regions where the internet is filtered or controlled? Introducing the Firewalla VPN server, a VPN server that runs inside of your home or business without charging a monthly fee.
- Protect privacy when using public wifi
- No monthly fee or bandwidth throttling
- Surf the web virtually “at home” from anywhere
- Bypass internet filtering and monitoring when traveling
- Easy remote access to your work network
- Supports both OpenVPN and WireGuard
Securely Connect to Any Device
With Firewalla’s VPN Client, you can connect any devices in your network to OpenVPN, WireGuard, and AnyConnect-based services.
- Connect any IoT devices like Apple TV to third-party VPNs
- Remotely connect your home devices to another Firewalla
- Connect two sites together with a site-to-site VPN and access devices securely both ways
Say Goodbye to Annoying Ads
Website Ads and trackers have been frustrating internet users for years. That’s why Firewalla's built-in Ad blocker makes sure you don't see Ads and the Ads don't see you.
- Block Ads across all devices
- DNS cache to speed up all other lookups
Protect Your DNS
DNS over HTTPS
Traditionally DNS requests are sent in plain text between the client and the DNS server. DNS over HTTPS (DoH) sends DNS requests encrypted over HTTPS. It makes DNS exchange more secure and protects user privacy.
Unbound is a validating, recursive, caching DNS resolver, installed locally on the Firewalla box, which helps increase your online privacy and security.
Parenting with Ease
Parenting is a tough job, but Firewalla makes things easier. With a simple tap of a button, you can:
- Restrict internet access
- Stop any devices from playing online games
- Block social networking
- Monitor online activity
- Receive online activity alerts
- Block malicious and adult content
- Block popular applications
- Put everything on a schedule
Safe Search is a feature used by major search engines like Google Search, YouTube, Bing, and DuckDuckGo to filter adult content out of search results. If anyone enters an inappropriate or suggestive phrase in the search bar, the results will be filtered for offensive content.
Take Back Family Time
Firewalla is committed to taking back family time from social networks. The “Social Hour” feature blocks all social networks for one-hour increments, giving you more time to spend with family.
Powerful Rules Engine
Firewalla puts the power in your hands and gives you full control of your network.
- Block web pages, cut off access to devices and remove Ads
- Block activities such as gaming, social, video, porn, gambling, and p2p
- Block domains or domains with wildcards.
- Block IP addresses and subnets
- Blocking based on location and region
- Block any port
- Get notified when devices are online or offline
- Give exceptions to blocking rules
- Put everything on a schedule
Regulate Network Traffic The Smart Way
Advanced Smart Queue + Rate Limit
Advanced Smart Queue prioritizes traffic and reduces delays (buffer bloat) when your network is heavily loaded.
- Prioritize and Rate limit applications, activities or network flows
- Control congestion and reduce buffer bloat
Policy & Content-Based Routing (PBR)
PBR allows you to selectively route traffic based on a set of rules or the content type. For example, you can send all video traffic to a VPN Client or send all banking sites to a different WAN interface.
Bandwidth Usage Insights
Track Monthly Data Usage
Worried about Internet usage limits or network performance issues? Firewalla Deep Insight provides a summary of hourly, daily or monthly usage, allowing you to dig deep into any device and see the IP or domain address consuming bandwidth and stop it.
- Hourly, daily, and monthly bandwidth usage summary
- Per device bandwidth usage stats
- Deep dive into any device
- Identify which domain is consuming the bandwidth
- Tap to block
Network Performance and Quality Monitoring
A better network is also a network that enables you with a much better experience. Firewalla is now providing tools to help you monitor and achieve better network performance.
- Wi-Fi / LAN performance
- WAN Performance
- Internet Speed
- Network Latency
- Network Packet loss
Firewalla Purple is a software-based router, managed by the same intuitive Firewalla app. Connect it directly to your ISP modem and take your home networking experience to the next level.
- Static Routing
- PPPoE over VLAN
- Static IP
- VLAN (Max 5)
Firewalla can be installed with most routers in Simple Mode or DHCP without changing existing wiring, in around 5 min.
Transparent Bridge Mode
Transparently bridge two networks together by inserting Firewalla Purple in the middle.
Your Firewalla is an open platform! Now, you can easily and safely extend Firewalla functionalities with applications running inside Docker containers.
Firewalla web interface will complement the mobile app on complex operations to help you manage and control your network. A mobile device is required to activate and use the web interface.
For You and For The Future
The Firewalla software started in 2016, and we have been enhancing it since. With the introduction of Red/Blue/Gold and now Purple, the software stack is constantly evolving and adding new features with your inputs. So expect even more features in the future!
Learn more about the Firewalla Security Stack
Hardware and Performance Comparison
|1 Gbps||>3 Gbps||500 Mbps|
|2 GB||4 GB||2 GB|
|64 Bit ARM||64 Bit Intel||
64 Bit ARM
|120 Mbps||120 Mbps||70 Mbps|
|500 Mbps||500 Mbps
|Site to Site VPN||1x Connection||10x Connection||1x Connection|
|Geo-IP Filtering||10 Countries||Unlimited||10 Countries|
|Network Segmentation||VLAN Only||Yes||No|
|Power (Watt)||~7W to 9W||~10W to 12W||~7W|
|Size||9 x 6 x 3 cm||13 x 11 x 3.4 cm||
5.4 x 5.4 x 3.4 cm
|Weight||3.84 oz / 110 g||19.9 oz / 565 g||2.15 oz / 61 g|
|32°F to 113°F||32°F to 122°F||32°F to 95°F|
Firewalla is Running Across 100+ Countries
Want to know more? And see how it works?
Any questions, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Firewalla Purple Specs
- Firewalla Purple ships with a standard USA power adapter. If you need an adapter that fits your country, please add an international adapter to your cart before checkout. This option is only available for orders shipping outside of the USA.
- Lead time for all shipments is 1 to 5 business days.
- USA orders will be shipped from California, shipping time is about 3 to 5 business days.
- The rest of the world orders will be shipped from an international warehouse. Shipping time is about 5 to 10 business days.
- If you are located outside of the United States, Firewalla Inc is not responsible for import duties, taxes, or fees. The shipping charge you pay only covers the freight cost. You assume the responsibility of an importer and are responsible for any duty/tax charges that may incur. We will use couriers like DHL/UPS/FedEx for shipments. Couriers may charge a customs clearance fee or customs handling fee for processing the import declaration. In the event that you refuse to pay these charges, you will be denied any refund even if you do not receive the product.
* Due to covid-19, shipping time can not be guaranteed. Delays due to covid and product shortage may happen.
Is there a monthly fee?
There is no monthly fee for standard features. In the future, we may provide additional apps or features for pro/business users for a reasonable fee.
Does firewalla support Android and iOS?
Yes and yes. A smartphone is required to use the unit
Return / Refund Policy
- Any unopened product may be returned for a refund within 30 days of receiving the item.
- Opened Products:
- If the product is damaged through customer misuse or is in unsellable condition, we will charge a restocking fee of up to 15% of the original purchase price. The item may only be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- Product is not refundable if parts or accessories are missing
- Please see this page for details.
Will Firewalla work in my country?
Likely to be yes, we have the box running in 100+ countries.
Have more questions?
Please email us at email@example.com or visit our community:
- firewalla.com will gladly issue a credit for the difference between the price you paid and the promotional price, if your purchase was made online at firewalla.com and was within 30 days before the price change. Credits are typically issued within 7 business days.