"A virtual private network, or VPN, is an encrypted connection over the Internet from a device to a network. The encrypted connection helps ensure that sensitive data is safely transmitted. It prevents unauthorized people from eavesdropping on the traffic and allows the user to conduct work remotely."
Firewalla VPN Server allows you to easily set up an encrypted connection from anywhere in the world to your home. Although you are outside on public network, your security protection is just as if you are at home.
Connect to Firewalla VPN = You are at Home
Easy to setup
- You don't need to open additional ports on your router.
- You don't need to manually port forwarding random ports from your router to home device.
- You don't need to learn complicated technology to bring up a VPN server.
- One connection allows you to access all home devices.
- Securely surfing the internet with the benefit of Ad blocking, blocking porn sites and malicious sites.
- Securely accessing your home camera, NAS (network attached storage), smart door knob/power plug (IoT devices), and more.
- Your own private VPN server, not shared with others.
- Bypass censorship and internet filtering at work or another country.
- Prevent eavesdropping when you are on the road, at Starbucks.
Always at Home
- Take your video subscriptions anywhere. Stream Netflix, Hulu or any service just as you are at home. No restrictions.
- Access your banking / financial sites just as if you are home.
- Bypass internet censorship or filtering when traveling to a foreign country.
- Free VPN Server runs inside your home network, there is no monthly fee or additional charge.
This VPN Server is NOT
- This is not the traditional VPN service where you use to hide from your service provider.
- You can not use this service to bypass Netflix restrictions. (Unless you are traveling and have a Firewalla at 'home')
Here is a more updated tutorial by our fan, Brian. (Please give him a thumbs up if you like his work)
Find the Firewalla for You
Firewalla Red is optimized for affordability, ideal for families and SOHO users. Blue is optimized for power and speed, made for pro and business users.